Monday, June 12, 2006

Indigestion, Shopping, and Dreams

Oh the indigestion. It set in about the moment my morning sickness went away. Guess that's what I get for being short and short-waisted, leaving very little room for baby to get comfortable without making me uncomfortable!

Today I went to Destination Maternity in Charlotte. How cool. They had a play area for the kids right in front of the dressing rooms so I could try on clothes and peak out the curtains to check on the kids if needed. They had a sitting area for the dads too. Both areas had big screen tv's to keep them all occupied. :)

Fortunately for me, swimsuits were on sale. I didn't find one I was thrilled with. My legs look so fat and have so many dimples in them. YUCK. But I figure all the more reason to get them tanned. I will look for a skirt to cover up better somewhere else too. The top is cute though.

I also found a pair of jean shorts that SHOULD last through the rest of this pregnancy, as well as a comfortable nursing bra. The lady didn't seem to agree with me wanting a nursing bra right now, but that's what I wanted! I will have to get another one eventually, but for now, I'm good to go.

I picked up a baby name book too. I want to make sure we have the right name for this baby. I'm excited because we did come up with one more name we like. I really like it. We'll see what this little girl looks like though.

I couldn't help but overhear the lady next to me complaining of morning sickness. She was only 9 weeks pregnant. She was checking out later on when I approached her. "Are you the one who was 9 months pregnant in the dressing room next to me?"

"Well, I'm 9 WEEKS pregnant..."

Oh yes...there goes my brain again. It reminded me of the time I called the nurse's hotline and told her I was 14 months pregnant and she exclaimed I must certainly be ready to have this baby. Confused, she explained that I'm not an elephant, so I'm way overdue...

But anyway, I told her about the Preggie Pops and Preggie Pop drops. I just made a little bit of an extra sale for this store, but those preggie pops sure saved me. I remember twice going grocery shopping...about to hurl all over the tile floor (usually by the meat and seafood section) and fortunately I had those things with me in my purse (or diaper bag). I would have been in so much trouble otherwise.

I met another woman who was expecting her first...a boy, and he was a surprise baby. I think she will be so in love with that little boy once he is born. I was excited for her. She was a bit nervous about it all, but I assured her that kid would be the center of her world by the time he was born.

Last night I had a crazy dream. I shared it with my mom in an email...

Last night I had a dream that the baby was born. After I had her, I looked down and saw my incision and realized the Dr. cut me open much higher than last time so I was going to have two scars, one where anybody could see it if I wore a two piece. I was so upset. He told me that they accidentally put the template on my belly upside down, so that is why they ended up cutting so much higher. oops! (A template used to cut the incision! Wow!)

Then after looking at the baby I realized that I wasn't due for another 10 weeks. We didn't even have diapers. Oh my gosh! I had her too early. Scott was just like, 'Yeah, I went ahead and scheduled for you to go ahead and have her." (C-Section) I was so pissed off at him. I was telling him that I wasn't ready, we didn't even have a diaper bag or diapers! It was bad and I was so frustrated because I knew it would be weeks before I'd be up to driving around to getting stuff. Then with all my hormones going crazy, I just cried and was so upset and Scott was just like, "oh, it will be fine!"

I keep telling Scott that I'm feeling a bit anxious about not being ready for this baby yet...see...I'm even dreaming about it!

No comments: