Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Strange Dream

Last night I had a dream that I had a home delivery...it was quite unexpected, especially since my very own husband performed a C-Section in our home to deliver the baby! So I had my little girl and went to breast feed her and as I looked down, I realized it was actually Kelly I was breastfeeding. SHE was my baby...and she breastfed for about 5 minutes and wouldn't eat anymore.

So it turned out that as she got up and waddled off that I for some reason had to convince Kelly to eat in order for my baby to get the food she needed. I couldn't just stick the baby on my breast and feed her...noooooooooooooooo...I had to try to convince Kelly to breastfeed, and she just wasn't interested.

So as I was trying to figure out that dilemma, I also started to think about my surgery. I was waiting for the epidural to wear off and to start feeling the pain from the incision and it just wasn't happening...AND I was walking, so the epidural should have wore off by now, right?

Then the thought of my husband inserting that long needle in my back started to creep me out. He doesn't know how to do that! What was I thinking letting him do that? (forget that he actually performed the c-section, right?)

"Honey, did you give me an epidural when you did the c-section."

Oh good...he didn't...he just put me to sleep. That is why I couldn't remember the delivery!

So, it turned out that I never got the epidural and I was in no pain. I guess I wasn't going to feel any pain!

Oh...time to feed the baby...so that means I need to find Kelly who is wondering around in the crowd of young teenagers... "Kelly...where are you?"

No comments: