Thursday, August 17, 2006

Icy Waters & Fighting Sharks

Had another dream last night...we were flying in the sky, on a cloud. Scott was in control, he was actually flying the cloud. I looked down and saw the icy seas below. He could tell I was getting nervous being up so high. "Do you want me to take it down? Would you like to get a closer look at the sea?"

"Yes." I said. I definitely did. Anything to be closer to the ground. But there was no ground...just icy waters.

This part of the dream is a bit foggy now that I'm awake, but I 'think' that we decided to jump in the water for a swim. I was reluctant at first. Icy water? But Scott convinced me that it felt so nice. I saw Joshua was in the water too, so I jumped in just in case he needed me to help him get out. The water slushed around our bodies, and for a minute, I did enjoy it. Joshua told me he was ready to get out.

Then I became aware of the threat of sharks. There were some "bottom feeder" sharks that I discovered loved to feed on human flesh. They were vicious and cruel. I remember going under water and finding them. I rushed back up to warn Scott. We had to get back on the cloud and fly away.

But we ended up fighting them, wrestling them with our bare hands, wondering if we were going to survive.

I don't remember any more of the dream, but I do feel there is some significance to it. I just wish I knew what it means. I've heard dreaming about large bodies of water has to do with pregnancy, but ICY waters???

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

I just now read your post from August 13 (Anxiety), and I really think that it explains what your dream means. I did a little research on the net and this is what I think: You and Scott flying in the sky on a cloud, I think describes your relationship with Scott before Pacey was born. Flying on the cloud in the sky symbolizes the future and the possibility of change and transformation (especially with the upcoming birth of the baby). Deciding to jump in the water for a swim shows that you were ready to make a change in your life (ready, I think for Pacey to be born). The fact that the water is icy shows a link to the lack of comfort (ice is very cold) involved in the labor. The fact that you jumped in just in case Pacey needed you to help him get out shows your willingness to do whatever it took (in labor) to be sure that your son was safe and protected in his journey into this world. Pacey told you he was ready to get out...he was ready to be born, lol! Okay...the threat of sharks. Sharks in dreams symbolize an emotional fear (and that's exactly what you expressed in your last post). Of course, the labor that you experienced with Pacey probably relates to fighting the sharks with your bare hands, wondering if you were going to survive.

With you being so close to your due date, it's no wonder that you are reliving your last labor and delivery.

Sweetheart, the Lord has you covered. I just know He will take care of you and your beautiful little baby. I'm praying for you each day and I'll be so glad to finally get there to be with you!