Thursday, February 21, 2008

Crying

I'm crying about the fact that my 14 year old son can't seem to (or won't) follow simple instructions even if it would make life easier for the rest of the family.

I'm crying because my 4 year old is just like her big brother.

I'm crying about the fact that when I told my hubby I'd reached my half-way point in this pregnancy, because deep inside I was feeling a little bitter that he didn't even know how far along I was, he gave me a freakin' high five.

I'm crying because I'm craving some food that's really bad for me but I couldn't even go out to get if I really really wanted to because it's snowing again for the millionth freakin' time.

I'm crying because I don't even know what state my baby is going to be born in or if I'm going to have a chance to take any refresher courses before the big day.

I'm crying because my skin is so dry my lips and hands are cracked and bleeding.

I'm crying because my husband is too preoccupied with his job situation to really even pay attention to me or this pregnancy. So much for a special last pregnancy experience.

I'm crying because I feel like I've already sacrificed a part of my "moment" and expectations when Madison was born, because my husband decided to start school the same week she was born. And he became too busy with school or work to really do anything special for the baby's birth...or my 29th birthday. And I so wanted something special to remember both of those days by.

I'm crying because my husband has been too distracted with work and life to notice that I'm really hurting right now, and needing him to dig deeper into who I am. 10 years of marriage and I feel like he's stopped trying to get to know me.

I'm crying because I'm letting every stupid little thing that shouldn't matter get to me.

I'm crying because I'm just dissappointed with how life is going right now.

I know it all could be worse, and really, I'm blessed beyond words, but I'm still crying.

I'm crying because I'm hormonal and pregnant!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

oh, i feel your pain! well, the hormonal part not the pregnancy part. i wish there was something i could say to make you feel better.